January 3 is Humiliation Day. Not sure that I want to celebrated being humiliated, but it can create some interesting writing prompts.
- A child learns a hard lesson about humiliating others when he finds himself on the receiving end.
- A small child, chastised by his pre-school teacher, learns he can find a friend even when most of the children are laughing at him.-Marianne
- When a bully finds himself championing a dog being beaten up by other dogs, he learns a few lessons himself.
- The Battle of Waterloo is the ultimate story of humiliation, but what about those back home hearing of the tales?
- A story about the last few thoughts of George Armstrong Custer as he realizes he is going to lose the battle of Little Big Horn.-Marianne
- How did Benedict Arnold feel when he discovered his reception in England was not as a hero but as a traitor?
- A man wishes on his lonely birthday for the ability to get revenge on all those who have humiliated him over his life. He recieves his wish and finds his own horror.
- A young woman humilated by her friends for not dressing the way they expect her to buys a voodoo doll at an antique store. What happens?-Marianne
- When a woman bargains for power to get even against those who have humiliated her over the years, horror descends on a town that no mind could imagine.
- When a woman is humiliated at a wedding by being left at the alter, she finds her love in the minister who consoles her.
-A teenager left at a dance by the most popular boy in town finds love with the nerd who comes to her rescue.-Marianne
- Humiliated by her boss, it is the client that comes to her rescue and becomes her true knight in shining armor.
- When an actor is humiliated after forgetting his lines, he is found dead. Was it suicide as many want to think it is?
- Humiliated at work after losing a contract, a young woman is accused of killing her boss. Was it revenge or is she innocent.-Marianne
- A man who is always the butt of all jokes at his work, finds himself the suspect in a serial murder. Is he one killing everyone who laughed at him?
- The humiliation of a man brings out his inner beast. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
- Humiliated at school for wearing the wrong colors on "School Color Day" a young man decides to ignore his fellow classmates cruelty. He slams his locker door leaving his humilation behind, but it begins to grow on its own in the darkness of the locker.-Marianne
- When a geek is humiliated in gym class, a ghost watching from the shadows comes out to help him gain confidence and a little revenge.
- A young teenager is humiliated by the person she thought liked her back. She struggles with pulling herself back up and learning strength and forgiveness.
-The family of a wrongly accused pastor sticks together and fights the hatred in a small town until he is proven innocent.-Marianne
- A young girl makes a mistake when she lies to her parents about who she was out with one night. Many in the church shame her until an older member steps up and shows mercy can be a wonderful thing.
- What happens when a witch is humiliated by her sister who wants her own adoration?
- A tiny snowflake fairy is lost in a snowstorm and too embarrased to ask for help.-Marianne
- The humiliation of a magical princess causes a lot of problems in the kingdom when she aligns with a dark wizard to get revenge.
- Five hundred years into the future, a starship captain is humiliated when he gets lost on a simple expedition. Is there more to the story?
-A prehistoric monster in accidentally unleased from its cave and while the townsfolk are terrified, the monster is more afraid of them than they are of him.-Marianne
- A captain of a space ship is humiliated when his ex-lover out shines him in a big battle. His need to regain his confidence will be the ultimate goal.
What story can you come up with? What is your imagination coming up with?