So, where can you market your book? There are many places, but one you really need to check out is Goodreads.com.
What is Goodreads?
Goodreads is a social site dedicated to booklovers. There is activity on there at all hours of the day.
· Reading Goals – You can keep track of your readings for the year including challenging yourself. It’s monitored right there on your home page. Right now I’m 6 books ahead of my goal for the year of 100 books.
· Groups – There are book clubs and various groups located on this site where you can discuss books, authors, and anything book related.
· Book Reviews – You can post book reviews here and even read the ones others have written as you think of getting a book.
· Win Books – You can also win books as there are hundreds of giveaways each day. I’ve won several from there.
Advantages of Using Goodreads as an Author
Most of what I’ve noted is for the reader, but an author can get a lot of exposure as there are thousands of readers on this site looking for a new read. That means you have an audience to show your book to and most of them love to get new authors and read them. That means reviews and possibly sales for you in the future.
· Set up an account
· Sign up as an author
· Put your book on Goodreads
· Use the giveaways
· Promote your book appropriately in forums.
· Make a presence of yourself.
Join Goodreads, if you can, before you publish your book. Get friends and followers. You’d be surprised how much that site can help market your book.